10 DIY Car Detailing Tips
Apart from hiring a professional car detailing company, a lot of activities regarding automobile cleaning can be DIY activities.
- Disinfect car’s interior – You can do this in order to neutralize any tobacco smoke and other unwanted smells. All you need to do is buy an aerosol can and lightly spray seats, carpets, and door panels.
- Wash car’s windows – It’s a simple and fast activity that can make your car immediately look cleaner and sanitized. What is more, you can choose the cleaning materials that you have at home.
- Clean leather upholstery – It’s necessary to buy a special leather-cleaning kit. Also, always pre-treat the leather with a conditioner prior to stain removal activities.
- Rinse prior to washing
- Polish your car – Perform car polishing to remove small surface imperfections and scratches.
- Clean car’s upholstery and carpet – This has to be done with attention to detail in order to completely remove all unwanted particles, dirt, and dust from the carpet’s fibers. If necessary, it’s good to replace the carpet. Its installation will take an afternoon and you can buy a specific carpet for your car’s model and color.
- Put off all unnecessary stickers – They may be a visual hazard since drivers usually collect them over the years. Some of them leave a gummy residue and require even more attention.
- Remove all small paint scratches – All you should do is to buy special sandpaper, polishing and rubbing compound, and special polishing pads.
- Attentively choose a car washing soap or liquid.
- Fix all squeaky doors
These are just some of the basic DIY car detailing tips. If you need A1 class professional help, give us a call. Our knowledgeable and well-coordinated technicians are there for you. We are Fairfax Mobile Steam Car Detailing. Our phone number is 571 502 5886.